We don't think there could be a more magical way to meet Santa Claus than with a trip to Santa's Lapland. Here's everything you need to know about booking this family adventure.
From late November and throughout December, the snowy forests of Saariselkä in the far north of Finland create the stage for the ultimate Christmas experience. Here, families can choose from two packages, Santa's Magic and Santa's Aurora, both of which include a husky sled ride, a reindeer sleigh ride, ice fishing and tobogganing (scroll down for a list of what each experience includes), ending with a once-in-a-lifetime visit to meet Santa in his cabin.
There's also plenty of snow-based action to keep children busy through your trip, including driving mini-skidoos and kick-sledding (of course!). Plus, if you're really lucky, you might even get to see the Northern Lights, making this the ultimate Christmas gift for the whole family!
Need to know:
Exclusive to Santa's Magic is...
- A snowmobile sleigh ride to find Santa in his cabin
- A stay in one of four hotels in Saariselkä
- A trip to the reindeer barn to meet Santa's reindeer
- The opportunity to explore a real igloo
Exclusive to Santa's Aurora is...
- A reindeer sleigh ride to find Santa and his elves
- A meet-and-greet with Santa's Aurora elf, who's full of magical tales
- The chance to meet a local Sami guide to learn all about their fascinating culture, with a song or two
- A stay in the Star Arctic hotel on top of the fell, perfect for spotting the Northern Lights
Travelling there couldn't be easier, as flights are available from 13 regional airports all over the UK. Choose from three or four-day packages, which include return flights, transfers, accommodation on half board, thermal clothing, magical winter activities, and a private family meeting with Santa. Deposits are £150pp, and optional extras, such as a Northern Lights Adventure and Downhill Skiing, are available on four-day breaks too.
Want some extra peace-of-mind? Santa's Lapland also has an In Safe Hands reassurance promise, and all breaks booked are ABTA and ATOL-protected.
For more information and to book now for Christmas 2021, visit santaslapland.com.
This article was commissioned by Santa's Lapland, but all views are our own.