If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that we can’t control life – for us or for our children. But we can try to help the way we respond to it. More people are searching for wellness tips for children than ever before, so we created these cute ways to help your child relax and tell you how they’re feeling.
For more calming ideas, take a look at these wellbeing activities for kids too.
1 How to help kids deal with worries
1. Ask your child to take a deep breath.
2. When they breathe out, tell them to pretend they’re blowing their worries into a balloon. Watch it fill up with all of those worries.
3. Now, can they tie a knot, let go and watch their worries float away?
2 A quick way to make your child laugh
1. Face each other and pull a funny face.
2. See how long you can do it before someone giggles!
3 Breathing exercise for kids
1. Ask your child to lie on the floor and pop a teddy on their tummy.
2. See if they can take a big breath that fills their tummy with air. Can they see the teddy getting higher and higher?
3. Now, can they breathe out and watch him fall?
4. Try this a few times to help your child relax. (Psst! It works on grown-ups, too!)
4 Scare those worries away
1. Choose a worry monster.
2. Whenever they feel upset, they can tell their worry monster how they feel.
Wellbeing and mental health is an important part of your child's development – and these simple ideas are a fun, easy way to help your little one relax and learn how to express themselves in a safe space. They could have a go at reading the steps aloud too.